Wednesday, 27 May 2026

My Summer Goals

  It is wayyy too hot in the UK right now. Seriously, how do people in hot countries deal with this....anyway. The hot weather made me think about all the stuff I wanna do this summer, so I ended up writing a long ass bucket list. So i thought I'd share that long ass bucket list with you guys !!


I'm gonna start off with the things I'm already doing. I got a cute weekend job so I can actually live and not rely on student finance. My friend and I also have a weekly album club, where each week, one of us picks an album, we listen to it throughout the week, and every Sunday we discuss the album !! It's super fun and we've introduced each other to soooo many new songs through it. This week's album is Igor by Tyler, The Creator if you were wondering (which I'm sure you were). With my other friends, we go to a pub quiz every week. We're no good at the quiz itself, but it's fun !! It gets us outside in the nice weather !! It's something to look foreward to !! And honestly it's SO funny, so if you have a pub near you, I'm BEGGING you to go to the quiz night. I'll literally get on my hands and knees. Another thing that was on my bucket list that I've already done is what I'm doing right now !! I thought it'd be cute to start a blog. So here I am. Blogging. I don't really know what direction I want this blog to go in yet, so for now, you just have to deal with my senseless ramblings. Good luck.

Onto the stupidly long bucket list. The first one is to TRAVEL !! I mean duh, travelling is on everyone's bucket list. And now that I work weekends, I can take cool city breaks during the week. Me and my friends actually went to Paris at the start of the month, and it was sooo much fun. We visited the louvre (BEST part of the trip, everything was gorgeous), saw the eiffel tower, the notre dame, the arc de triomphe, and ate soooo many baguettes + croissants. We're already planning our next trip to somewhere in Italy !! So if you have any recommendations, PLEASE let me know. I just wanna go everywhere, see everything, experience lots of cool things. 

My second bucket list activity is to get better at drawing. I did art at A-Level and GCSE, and even considered doing it at University, but I decided not to. But I still love it as a hobby, and I've already been practicing things like shape, line, perspective, organic form.... all the fun stuff. I want my sketchbook to be completely full by September. I'm tryna live my Blue Period fantasy !! (If you haven't read Blue Period, PLEASE DO !!) I might even try some of the art prompts from Blue Period, it would probably help me improve lots seeing as the "prompts" is just what their art professor tells them to do lmao.

Following on from that, my third bucket list activity is to start posting my art on social media !! No reason for this one tbh but it could also get me some extra money, which I'm not gonna say no to. I also feel like being "good" at social media is a good skill to have nowadays. Also it'll just be fun !! If I start posting, promise to follow me ?? Please ?? I'll probably post on tiktok and twitter, probably not insatgram and definitely not youtube. Although, I have been wanting to start a youtube channel to post vlogs....so you all have to promise to follow me on there too, okay ??

I'm gonna contradict myself here, but my fourth bucket list activity is to spend less time on my phone....I know I just said I wanna post on social media, but posting literally takes a few minutes, compared to the HOURS I've lost just doomscrolling. It makes me feel like shit, it distracts me from my hobbies, it does all sorts of bad stuff to your brain so why would I wanna be on it ?!?! I actually already have screen time limits, but I never follow them....so yeah. My goal is to reduce my screen time. By ALOT. 

My fifth bucket list activity is to scrapbook everything !! I bought a scrapbook YEARS ago, filled in a few pages, then never did it again....but continued to collect junk to stick in there. So now I have an entire drawer filled with receipts, pictures, stickers, washi tape, and a very empty scrapbook. I might dedicate some time at the end of the week (or even at the end of the day) to make a few pages. It's something to show I was here, something that's not a curated instagram feed or an online blog. It's something REAL, you get me ?

Kinda similar to the last one, I wanna buy a digital camera !! I'm so sick of my phone's sterile, polished, every-pore-visible camera quality, it's time to bring back old tech !! That way, it would be kinda easier to print them off and go into my scrapbook !! Actually, a few years ago, I went to Amsterdam and took a disposable camera with me, and I still haven't gotten the pictures developed....someone remind me to do that. 

This one is kind of a basic one, but my seventh bucket list activity is to move every day !! I literally have scoliosis and have been told that I need to regular physiotherapy and stretches, but I just....don't. And then I complain that I'm in pain all the time. Make it make sense. I'm also scrawny as fuck, so a bit of muscle would be nice, but I'm not tryna bulk up or anything. I'm way too lazy for that. Maybe I'll just go on a walk everyday or something.

Following on from my laziness, I wanna play all the video games I bought but still haven't started yet....because it's beyong a joke now. There's too many. Well, I wanna finish my replay of Deltarune Chapter 3+4 before Chapter 5 comes out this year. Then, I need to play Ace Attorney 4, Persona 5, Tomodachi Life 2, Sonic x Shadow Generations....the list goes on. And don't even get me started on all the anime, manga, books, movies and tv shows I wanna start. There's just too much stuff, and hardly any time !!

Going back to video games, my penultimate bucket list activity is to make a video game of my own. I have an idea, I have characters, I just need to lock in. It'd just be so cool, something that's mine, that other people can play. Making something of my own after just consuming for so long. I don't know how to code, I don't know how to make sprites, I don't know how to make music. But I'm sure I'll figure it out along the way. By September, I AT LEAST want to have the story fully fleshed out, and some concept art done. It'd be great to hire someone to work with me, but I 1) don't have the money and 2) don't trust anyone else with the story....that's my baby !! It's a piece of my soul in video game form, not just any old person can work with it !! But one day, I'm gonna make it, and I'll give all my day 1 Cyberin fans a special discount. And you all have to promise to actually play it and give it incredible reviews, okay ?

Last but not least, my final bucket list activity is to....try new things. Underwhelming, I know, EVERYONE wants to try new things. But for YEARS, I've spent summers confined to my room, doing absolutely nothing. Basically rotting away, like Springtrap sealed away in the back room of Freddy's lmao. So I have decided that this is the summer I live my life, before it slips away !! I'm only going to be 20 once !! Even if it's just trying new food, taking a class of some sort, going to a new city for the day....just exploring the world around me, before it completely changes. I saw a quote on tiktok that said, "the world you grew up in no longer exists". Which is sad, and I wish I could go back, but in another 20 years from now, the world will look completely different again, and the world that I was 20 years old in won't exist anymore, and I'll spend my time wishing I could go back. So why not appreciate the world for what it is today ?? Even if it is kinda shit sometimes ?? I'm gonna go out there and talk to strangers, walk until my legs shake, listen to new songs and just live. Carpe diem or whatever. 

Now that my cringe spiel about life is over, thanks for reading my overly ambitious summer bucket list !! Are you gonna do any of these ?? What's on your summer bucket list ?? Do you think I'll actually stick to these...? (I really hope I do). 

Enjoy the heat, but not too much !! Wear SPF !! Bye, love you, 

See you whenever, 

Cyberin


No comments:

Post a Comment

featured⋆。𖦹˚.★

My Letterboxd Top 4

  In last week's post, I briefly spoke about my cinema card and my fav film. So, for this week's post, I thought why not delve into ...