Sunday, 31 May 2026

Movie reviews, the full moon, and other ramblings

Hey guys, happy Sunday !! I just thought I'd come on here and dump some of my thoughts from this week. Last night, me and my family watched the Super Mario Galaxy Movie. Honestly, wasn't a fan. Which is a shame, because Bowser Jr, Yoshi and Rosalina are my 3 favs....the whole film just felt off, the pacing was weird, and it felt like they just shoved a bunch of references in there to make up for the lacking storyline. Like dangling a carrot in front of a pig, or jingling keys in front of a baby. And I know you're probably thinking, "Oh my god, it's a kids film, it's not that deep", but it IS that deep, just because it's an animated kids film doesn't automatically give it a free pass to be a bad film. There are plenty of films aimed at kids that are really good (like studio ghibli !!). I also didn't like Bowser Jr's voice actor, no shade to whoever it is....he sounded too adult, I imagined him sounding like a little kid, whereas his voice in the movie sounded like an adult doing an impression of a kid. Does that make sense ?? I gave it a 3/5 on letterboxd. 

 ✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩๋࣭ ⭑

It finally rained in the UK today !! Yay !! We have finally returned back to our normal state. It's also the last day of the full moon weekend. I work in a little witchy shop, so I decided i need to lock in and do some witchy stuff !! I made moon water, put my crystals next to my window to charge, wrote down some affirmations....I'll probably do the same tonight too, or even try something else. Speaking of my job, I only started last week, but I have only ever worked shifts by myself....is this normal ?? Should I say something ?? Like, what if a creep comes in and I'm just by myself ?? Other than that crippling paranoia, working by myself is actually pretty calming. There's no one to bother me, I'm just left to my own devices. But it's also kind of weird, am I not supposed to be being trained ?? But i guess this way I'm learning hands on, kinda like when people throw their kids into water to make them swim. Overall, I'm enjoying my job so far, even though I just kinda slated it. The customers are weird as hell, no offense. A lady came in yesterday with a bearded dragon on a lead and started talking about opening her third eye. Today, a guy came in buying rose quartz crystals because he wants to make a (married) 54 year old man obsessed with him. So yeah, I attract weirdos, but it's interesting nonetheless. And I love the location that it's in, just a five minute walk away from a bunch of cute cafe's and shops. Gives me something to do after work. 

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩๋࣭ ⭑

Last time, I wrote about my summer goals. Well, I'm here to tell you that I've done NONE of it. i just keep putting it off becuase "I'll do it tomorrow", but when will that tomorrow be ?? So I'm just gonna take the plunge !! After I hit post, I'm gonna do at least one thing that's on my summer bucket list. No matter how small it is !! Because one day, a million tomorrows would've passed, and I'll be rotting away in my room having done nothing. So this is your sign !! Just do whatever you wanna do. 

I'll love you and leave you now. 

See you whenever, 

Cyberin

No comments:

Post a Comment

featured⋆。𖦹˚.★

My Letterboxd Top 4

  In last week's post, I briefly spoke about my cinema card and my fav film. So, for this week's post, I thought why not delve into ...